Sunday, February 5, 2012

Progress on the Kugelblitz base

Thought I'd post up a short update on this project. Havent gotten nearly as much done as hoped this weekend, but I've been "distracted". Friday night I picked up a 37" flat screen TV and a PS3, so I've spent most of my weekend watching movies & playing video games. But I was able to get some work done on this last night and this morning.




Got all the wall panels cut apart, had the first panel done last week, finished the 2nd one last night. I've now started working on cleaning up the joints, which is going to take a lot of time and careful work. The joint between the 2 walls is going to be a real task, but I'll get it. Just going to have to take it very slowly, making sure it all matches like it should.



This week I picked up a panel of the Dow blue foam insulation, that I will use to make a new street. The street on the base will be cut off, and replaced completely, so that the Kugelblitz wont hang off as badly as it is now, hopefully I can get the spacing right, where it wont hang off at all, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment